Michael Coyne - Chairperson
Michael is the Chair of STA’s Regional Education Committee for the past several years. Prior to this role, he worked in the manufacturing industry. He and his wife Karen have one son who graduated from STA in 2016.
Kerri Watson - Vice Chairperson
Kerri Watson is the Vice-Chair of the Committee. Kerri is a criminal lawyer who has spent her career as a Crown Prosecutor in British Columbia. Kerri and her husband Rob have four children, two of whom are currently Grade 11 students at STA.
Role of the REC
The Regional Education Committee consists of 14 individuals who represent the seven (7) Catholic Parishes on the North Shore. The Chair and Vice-Chair are full-time, volunteer roles. The Committee meets monthly with each member responsible for a specific role as it relates to the school. The Principal, a teacher representative and the Archbishop’s Representative sit on the REC as well.
- Some of the roles and responsibilities of the REC include:
- Working with our School Administration on policies;
- Oversees the development and management of the school budget;
- Hiring of teachers and staff;
- Implementing and updating the school’s long-term strategic plan, and,
- Identifying and recommending opportunities for continuous improvement.
Other members of the committee include:
- Carlos Fernandes, Treasurer
- Pam Pasicnyk, Recording Secretary
- Frankie Tsang-Wing, Tuition Assistance
- Teresa Sutherland, Building & Development
- Ericka Kamali, Parent Association
- Pierre Pelletier, Alumni Association
- Kathleen Kischer, Advancement
- Sara Byrne, Parent Participation
- Teresita Birtch, Social Coordination
- Renaldo Scalabrino, Outside Maintenance
- Jerry Plana, Member at Large
· John Campbell, Principal
· Rev. Augustine Obiwumma, Archbishop’s Representative
· Rev. Cannio Cardizi, School Chaplain
· Paolo Lamasan – Teachers Representative