St. Thomas Aquinas Regional Secondary School
STA prides itself on offering an educational program based on creative, independent doing and thinking. Based on the school motto, “Dirige me in veritate tua”, or translated into English, “Direct me in Your truth”, STA’s mission is to build tomorrow’s leaders, today. To help students and their families face challenges, STA focuses on educating the “whole person”: academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially., STA’s educational program follows the British Columbia prescribed curricula
Highlights of the school include:
- We have a vibrant Alumni Association of over 500 members focused on networking, mentorship and developing community spirit.
- We offer our students a selection of extra-curricular field trips including: The Philippines, Europe, Disneyland/Southern California, France, the Grand Canyon, Seattle, Sun Peaks and Whistler.
- We have a Basketball Academy for boys and girls. Our athletics extend over the entire school year including: rowing, swimming, volleyball, cheer, basketball, gymnastics, and badminton to name just a few.
- We are fully-integrated with our North Shore Catholic schools and parishes to provide our students with an extension of their parish communities.
- We graduate 100% of our students.
- Over 95% of our graduating class attend post-secondary institutions across Canada, the U.S. and overseas.
- In 2020, the graduating class accumulated over $485,000 in scholarship offers.
- 30% of our graduating class receives a BC Achievement scholarship, compared to the provincial average of 17%.
Students are organized by grade into four or five divisions. These groupings allow for close-knit, and nurturing environments able to serve the needs and interests of all students. Each division provides students with a comfortable, supportive atmosphere in which to learn and thrive.