Upcoming STA School Events 2018!
School reopens on January 8.
Weekly Mass January 11.
Feast Day Mass January 18.
Midterm Exams January 22-29.
Spirit Day January 30.
Ski Program February 2.
Catholic Schools Week February 4-9.
Family Day February 12.
St. Thomas Aquinas High School
DATES: 12 and 19 January, 2 and 16 February
- On Friday mornings, you may store your skis/boards/bags in Mr. Ufford’s old office between 7.55 - 830 am.
- You are allowed to leave class at 2.50 in order to change promptly and collect your equipment so that we can leave by 3.20 pm.
- You should try to have someone take your school bags home /leave as much as you can in your school lockers as otherwise you will taking these with you up the mountain and paying for locker storage. ($1 for one single use/$5 for in/out storage)
If your mom/ dad is driving you, let me know so we know not to save a spot on the bus. You are still to report to Mrs. Sawdon/Mrs. Kitchener so we know you are in attendance that day. Whether or not you take the bus/ are driven by a parent, you must report to Mrs. Sawdon/Mrs. Kitchener for attendance before leaving for the mountain
- After changing, we meet at 3.00 pm in the parking lot. We leave via bus/parent driver
- We gather at the BASE of the MOUNTAIN before going up so that I can do a head count
- We meet in the chalet foyer after lessons to get our supper and again at 8.45 pm for roll call
We generally take the gondola down together and wait for parents to pick up between 9 and 9.30 pm. Chaperones don't leave the mountain until everyone is picked up so you should let your parents know you are on the way down.
Mrs. Kitchener and Mr. Mendoza stay in the chalet should anyone need anything. The other chaperones generally ski – you will see them on the mountain should you have need of anything.
Passes must be kept for all four sessions - you won't get four separate ones.